To create this gorgeous new book, acclaimed photographer Art Wolfe traveled to every continent to explore and document the nighttime world of animals, humans, and nature. From a blazing sunset over Antarctic ice to Tokyo’s nighttime street racers to coffee with Brazilian cowboys as the dawn breaks, this book is an unparalleled feast for the eyes, and a never-before-collected glimpse into a world that comes to life as most of us are sleeping. Highlights include:
- Africa: Hustle and bustle in Morocco’s nighttime markets.
- Asia: Balinese fire dancers.
- The Americas: Bison in an icy sunrise.
- Europe: Volcanic eruptions in Iceland.
- Antarctica: Colonies of penguins awaking to the dawn.
- Oceania: Star trails over the Australian Outback.